Getting fit and healthy is one of the top New Year’s resolutions every year. But did you know, statistics show that by the second week of February, 80 percent of those who made New Year resolutions have given up. BOSS Fitness gym in Columbus aims to help you keep your fitness resolution through personal training and group fitness training. Below is our tips for how to keep your fitness resolution for 2019.
5 TIPS FOR KEEPING YOUR NEW YEAR’S FITNESS RESOLUTION
- Make it concrete. Saying you want to “get fit” is very broad and can have different meaning for everyone. Getting fit may mean walking every day or it may mean losing 15 pounds. Make your goal specific and time conscious. “By June 1st, I want to have lost 10 pounds and decreased my body fat percentage by five percent.” Or “I want to be able to run a 5k in three months.” Making your fitness goals concrete will help you stay focused on what exactly you want to accomplish.
- Make it realistic and manageable. Saying you want to be able to back squat 300 pounds by the end of the year after having never lifted before is probably unrealistic for most people. However, saying you want to be able to back squat an additional ten pounds every three months gives you a goal and one you will most likely attain. Psychologically, if we set unrealistic goals and don’t reach them, we are more likely to quit altogether.
- Get a schedule. The way to reach goals is to make it a habit. Find a time of day that works for you, and stick to it. A good goal is, “I’m going to go the gym Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9 am.” The commit to going.
- Accountability. This tip is perhaps the most important for not falling off the bandwagon in your New Year resolution fitness goal. Find a friend who will go with you to the fitness gym and take a group fitness class. Hire a personal trainer, so you’ll have a set time to show up (and one you’ve paid for), which is great incentive for keeping your appointment. As the Top Rated Local® Personal Fitness gym, BOSS Fitness’ goal is to inspire and motivate you to succeed. Every BOSS Fitness personal training session is creative and unique, designed to push you out of your comfort zone towards real changes.
- Add variety. Variety is the spice of life. When it comes to fitness, doing the same thing over and over again not only leads to a fitness plateau, but also leads to boredom and a high likelihood you will quit. That’s why BOSS Fitness offers a variety of group fitness classes that are not only fun and challenging, but will also keep your body guessing (and thus changing). We offer Step Fit, Cardio Kickboxing, Body Pump, and Chaos, which is a dynamic fitness class full of constant variety. Our group fitness training will have you burning calories and building muscle as you meet your fitness goals in 2019.
Your health and fitness are too important to become a statistic. BOSS Fitness gym in Columbus can help. We offer accountability through our invigorating personal training, which is tailored to your specific fitness goals. We offer group fitness training designed to build endurance and strength while burning some major calories. Don’t lose motivation in your fitness resolution. Contact BOSS Fitness today!